Now that I’ve made it home from a long day at church I recognize that this was one of the greatest days of my life, and it’s coming to a close. I Pause. Why? you ask. I reflect on the events of the day and how this day meant just as much for you as it did for me and my family. In the congregation today I saw tears of joy, smiles that were bright, love that was felt and support in numbers. How humbled I am this day.
- To see Deacon Coleman rise after surgery to present the Bible, resonates.
- To see Rev. Edwards coming back in the church after falling ill just to stand with the preachers, resonates.
- To Mother Daniels telling me that she didn’t want to leave until she spoke to her Pastor even though she has been in and out the hospital all month, resonates.
- To my family, friends and Pastors coming to support this great day. resonates.
- To looking in the crowd and my manager at work and counterparts from work coming and supporting, resonates.
- To everyone at GCFBC, and every church represented today at this service. resonates
- And lastly, to the wonderful words my First Lady spoke, resonates.
All of these things are just a small portion of what I witnessed today. This day has produced and filled me with a deep attitude of gratitude. So I give Praise and Honor to God, who in His infinite wisdom looked down through the telescope of time and saw a little boy named LaCedric Williams. He placed his mark on him and spoke a word “for this cause I have called you.” Not because your so good or because of anything you have accomplished but because I have prepared you for this moment.
Solomon prayed these words and each day I reflect on them:
And now here I am: God, my God, you have made me, your servant And here I am, set down in the middle of the people you’ve chosen, a great people with a great history—and soon to be far too many to ever count. Please Lord, Give me a God-listening heart so I can lead your people well, discerning the difference between good and evil. For who on their own is capable of leading your glorious people?” 1 Kings 3: 7-9
With all my heart I Thank You Greater Community First Baptist Church. We are not just another church we are “A Place to Belong”